Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Dish

This past week, I’ve been focused on eating the food I have in my freezer. Not necessarily to save money or anything like that but because today I went back to Let’s Dish for the first time in over 10 months. I needed to open up space in that freezer for my meals.

In the past, I’d go to Let’s Dish roughly every other month, but I haven’t been there since January of this year. If you aren’t familiar with Let’s Dish, it’s a meal preparation store. You can sign up to make 4, 8 or 12 meals that serve 4-6 people each. The average cost of each entre (assuming you get 6 meals) is about $3.95 – which is a pretty good price for a good meal in my book. And, you can split each meal that you make so that the prepared meals serve 2-3 and this is what I do.

I think I’ve made one item that I didn’t really like and it’s not that the item was bad, it just wasn’t to my taste. Today I made Baked Pork Chops with Cranberry Almond Wild Rice, Chicken Piccata with Linguine, Sirloin Tips in Merlot and Sweet and Spicy Cashew Chicken. Plus, I picked up a Vegetables Au Gratin.

Of course, while I was there, I took advantage of the special that you get if you sign up for your next session while you’re there. The special this time was two free sides if you sign up for a 4-meal package. (It’s three sides if you signed up for an 8- or 12-meal package.) I picked up Three-Cheese Potatoes and Panko Roasted Asparagus with Almonds. Don’t they both sound good? (I know the asparagus is good – I’ve had it before.)

My menu plan at the end of December will be:
• Lemon Herb Chicken and Parmesan Green Beans (never had this before – doesn’t it sound good?)
• Risotto-Style Chicken and Asparagus (this is so good!)
• Ranch Steak Wraps (another new item – but I love me some steak)
• Bake Ravioli Lasagna with Garlic Toast (this is simple and so good)

I’m going in for the afternoon session on Wednesday, December 23 and if you’d like to join me at the St Paul Highland Park location, feel free to go to the Let’s Dish website (www.letsdish.com) and sign up for a session. Be sure to let them know I sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment