Sunday, March 27, 2016

Procrastination is Not Your Friend

In my true fashion, I procrastinated getting workouts two and three in this week, so that when Saturday rolled around, I had to work out both Saturday and Sunday. A little bit of panic sets in -- but I'm still good.

I have a plan:
1. Get up early and workout around 7:30 on Saturday morning before going to volunteer at the San Diego Zoo at 9:30
2. Go work out around 9:30 on Sunday morning before going to my noon Sunday game event.
3. Perfect plan.

Of course, I do not follow this plan.

Instead this is the actual results (which I should have known):

1. Do not get up early on Saturday.
2. Do volunteer training, walking around the Lost Forest at the Zoo and then do a two-hour shift at orangutans.
3. Go to LA Fitness after all that.

Photographic proof: 


I go to the LA Fitness location in Kearny Mesa. Above is a photo of the club on the outside.

You may say, hey, so you dropped by, took a pic and left. Nope . . . 

Here I am at the front desk:

(Sorry, cannot figure out to rotate that photo -- it's right in my photo editor, but not here.)

And to prove I actually worked out -- here are the results:




The best part is that I made myself work at a bit higher pace than I normally do. I usually start at 2 miles per hour, but today I started at 2.5 miles per hour and actually went up to three for a bit. It was a 45 minute walk with a 5 minute cool down.

And the plan for today (Sunday, March 27)? Of course, that went out the window. I got up on time to go to my game event, but not to go workout before hand. So at 3:00 when games ended, I headed over to DeAnza Cove to walk.

I made a deal with myself, if I could easily find a parking space, I was walking around the bay area there. If not, I'd go home and walk the neighborhood. No problem finding a parking space. Lots of people, but parking was not a problem.

I did a photo and a little video at the beginning of my walk. Here's me at DeAnza:

Yeah, I know you have no idea where I am from the photo, but it's DeAnza. I was listening to "A Way with Words" on KPBS which was about half way done when I left.

I don't know how to add the video from my phone yet -- so maybe later I'll add that..

I walked for about one and a half hours. From the lot at DeAnza to the Hilton Hotel and back.

It was a bit of a challenge dodging all the people on bikes. None of whom know how to announce they are approaching -- like saying "on your left" or "left" before they pass. On the other hand, if they did do that, they probably would have gone hoarse from constantly announcing their approach to all the people.

I really don't understand why Minnesota, a place with THREE months of warm weather, has separate paths for cyclists and walkers/runners, but San Diego with TWELVE months of warm weather makes them share one path.

My feet were really sore after both walks, but, damn it, no money for Drumpf.

Happy dancing! (But next week, two workouts done by Wednesday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment