Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Yesterday was my second time working out at Orange Theory Fitness but it was my first official Orange Theory Fitness workout. The theme for the day was endurance.

I think I enjoyed this workout more than the first one. I started out with rowing and ended with the walking. The coach, Ben, had us do these side plank things to work our obliques. I sucked at them.

He also wanted us to do burpies. UGH! I do not burp well. I knew I couldn't do anything involving jumping (or moving) up and down, so I just did straight push ups. Which by the third set where killing my arms. (Which, amazingly enough, are not sore today. Not sure if that means I'm doing something wrong.)

Although I don't hit the numbers they are pushing for on the treadmill, I do push myself higher than my normal (which is around 2.5.) I kept my treadmill at 3.0 with a 2 incline through most of the workout. The first half was intense for a distance (1/8 of mile for walkers) and then one minute of recovery. I went about .44 miles doing that. The second half was to go as hard as we could for 10 minutes and try to beat our distance from before. I got to over .5 miles. Very happy with that result.

Things that we good about this workout -- since I knew what the colors on the screen meant, I was able to see if I was working at a high enough intensity.*

The other thing that is cool about Orange Theory Fitness is that they mail you a summary of your workout. If I remember correctly, the goal is to have 15-25 minutes of your workout in the blue/green zone and 15 in the orange/red zone. I hit both this time.



I don't have editting software available as I post, so I apologize for all the crap around the shot -- I'll edit it later.

I'm feeling good about my Orange Theory Fitness membership. (And not giving money to Drumpf.)

*I went up and found my name on the board so I'd know where to look for my color -- I don't wear my glasses while working out and can't read the monitor unless I walk up close enough

1 comment: